The best way to prevent long-term and costly problems with your vehicle is to keep up with its preventative maintenance schedule. One major key to successfully making sure you are doing all you need to do is to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Regardless of your vehicle’s make or model, its owner’s manual will contain a maintenance schedule. Every make and model is different, and standby beliefs such as “You have to change your oil every 3,000 miles,” may not apply to your car.
The maintenance schedule within your owner’s manual is provided by the people who understand your vehicle the best—the company that built it. The manufacturer provides suggestions for how often you need to change your oil, filters, driving belts, timing belts and more.
While some preventative maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by the vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be done by experts like the team at Burk Light Truck and Auto LLC. Our team can keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking, repairing and replacing battery connection components
- Checking and replacing batteries
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters: This can keep your car comfortable during the hot summer months.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter, You may need to replace your engine air filter more frequently if you drive in stop-and-go traffic or have a long commute.
- Checking and replacing spark plugs
- Tire rotation: This helps ensure even wear on your tires, which can help prevent blowouts and leaking. It also helps make your ride smoother.
- Tire balancing: Balancing your tires prevents wear, which can significantly improve their life and save you money.
- Wheel alignment
By following your vehicle’s owner’s manual and having your vehicle inspected and maintained regularly, you can greatly reduce problems and save money in the long run. Let the expert team at Burk Light Truck and Auto LLC help your vehicle stay in good condition.
Most of us take our vehicles for granted. We turn the key, hit the gas pedal, and go. Vehicles usually operate as we expect. Then, some part causes your vehicle to fail. Some of the problems could be dirty or no oil, low fluids, or corroded electrical wiring. Holes in the exhaust, lights that don’t work, or damaged U-Joints also cause problems. The list goes on. Any one of the hundreds of parts or systems may fail when we don’t pay attention to them.
“Murphy’s Law” kicks in wen you least expect it. Then, something goes wrong with your vehicle. How inconvenient! The worst part is the cost of a tow truck. Loved ones may panic because you didn’t arrive on time. It all could have been avoided. All you needed was a little low-cost preventative maintenance.
Get Preventative Maintenance
What’s preventative maintenance? A detailed preventative maintenance check could solve all your problems. Located in Burkburnett or Iowa Park, Texas, the good folks from Light Truck and Auto are the specialists you need. They’ll give your vehicle a point-by-point check. That check-up includes:
- A professional mechanical team who is passionate about safety and the health of your vehicle.
New oil and filter.
- Visual inspection of all hoses and belts.
- A full Inspection of your electrical, brake, drivetrain, fuel, and air systems.
- All fluid levels checked.
- A test drive to ensure your car drives properly.
- A “no surprises” list, the cost of any repairs, and suggestions of maintenance that might make your vehicle last longer.
Contact Light Truck and Auto
The good folks at Light Truck and Auto recommend an annual vehicle preventative maintenance check. If you have not had an inspection in the past year, then it is time. Stop by Light Truck and Auto in Burkburnett or Iowa Park. They’re the best vehicle repair experts.
The people at Light Truck and Auto care passionately about you and the condition of your vehicle. They repair your vehicle whether it is gas or diesel powered. You’ll have a safe vehicle to drive.
For a detailed preventative maintenance check you need the best vehicle repair specialists in Burkburnett or Iowa Park. Call them at (940) 569-9344.